Update day: 28-12-2021
Category: Finance / Bank / Stock
Job type: Full Time
- Exciting new business development roles at Kiwibank
- Opportunities based around New Zealand
- Want to join a fast moving and fun team in a transformative organisation?
If you’re going to join a bank, make it the local bank that cares about Kiwi. Kiwibank started out by challenging the Aussie banks, and now we’re big enough to make a difference.
What’s this role about? He aha te ia o tēnei mahi?
At Kiwibank, we’re on a journey to better off. We have a huge agenda, big ideas and a lot to work for. It’s going to be super rewarding and we’ll have a lot of fun along the way. We need people who are up for a challenge, committed to the journey, prepared to dig deep, stretch themselves and help us grow.
Our Business Banking is integral to this journey - we’ve reassessed, transformed and we’re ready for some exciting action! We’re on a mission to deliver on our aspiration of providing unbeatable experiences for our business customers. We want to be our customers’ 1st choice.
If you’re up for the challenge, excitement and fun, read on……
This is an exciting new role in our forward-thinking Business Banking Team at Kiwibank. If you’re a "go getting" business developer who thrives on building strong business relationships that provide opportunities for the bank connect with and support more New Zealand commercial businesses, we’d love to hear from you.
If you are really excited about growing the number of commercial customers that bank with Kiwibank through the proactive development of strong relationships that lead to new opportunities, then keep reading!
You need to have some good commercial "smarts" to actively target and manage businesses that require judgemental assessment of their business needs by creating and maintaining exceptional business relationships. Typically, these customers will range mainly between $1m to $10m of Business Lending.
This is amazing opportunity to get out there and make a difference!
We’re looking for people in
- Wanganui/Palmerston North
- Hawkes Bay
What are we looking for? Tā mātou e kimi nei?
- Have had a successful background in Business/Commercial Banking/Credit Analysis/Manager/Lender
- Able to assess risk and where possible find acceptable solutions for the Bank and the customer
- Have a strong understanding of Business/Commercial Banking and its place in the community
- Are driven by the challenge and can prospect in a competitive environment to grow a business unit
- Have communication sales skills to successfully close competitive business opportunities in order to build and maintain a quality, profitable portfolio of loyal clients whilst ensuring Good Customer Outcomes
- Have a good understanding of international products and how these are used by import/export customers
- Have strong relationship management skills with the ability to quickly build trust and maintain strong positive relationships at a large customer exposure level
- Are comfortable working both autonomously as well as part of a team
- Have good computer and keyboard skills, with working knowledge/experience in Email, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and general office applications
- Have extensive proven successful experience in the financial services industry and/or Business/Commercial Banking operating at a large customer exposure level
Apply Now - you don’t have to tick every box to be successful.
Applications close Monday 7th June at 9pm (although we reserve the right to withdraw the ad at any time).
At Kiwibank we’re all about making Kiwi better off
As the largest homegrown (and owned) bank in Aotearoa, we strive to create an inclusive culture where everyone - our kiritaki (customers), hapori (communities) and tāngata (people) have the opportunity to thrive.
It starts with our values - Mātua rā kō ō mātau uara
Our values, He manawanui (Gutsy), Kōkiri tahi (Side by side) and Kia tūturu (Keep it real) sit at the heart of our culture. They shape and influence the way we make decisions, how we interact with each other, and ultimately, they drive us to get things done.
For our people - Ngā hua ki ō mātau tāngata
When you join us at Kiwibank, you’ll be given the support you need to succeed. Our work environment is safe, accessible, and representative of our customers and communities. We’re proud to have the Rainbow Tick, and we were the first bank in NZ to get The Gender Tick.
Our great range of benefits include health and life cover, discounted banking and insurance products and an incredible package for new parents. We’re also an accredited Living Wage employer.
We want you to get the most out of work and life, so you’ll have the option to explore flexible working arrangements that suit both your needs and ours.
For New Zealand - Ngā hua ki a Aotearoa
We have a unique opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to a more sustainable Aotearoa. This commitment to growing and transforming our business for the better underpins everything we do.
For you - Māu
We welcome applications from people of all ages, nationalities, cultures and abilities. We’ll do everything we can to ensure your employment journey with us is as easy as possible.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 Negotiate⏰ 17-02-2022🌏 Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
⏰ 18-02-2022🌏 Bay of Plenty - other, Bay of Plenty
💸 Negotiate⏰ 22-02-2022🌏 Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
💸 Negotiate⏰ 22-02-2022🌏 Tauranga, Bay of Plenty