Update day: 26-12-2021
Job type: Full Time
We are searching for a Design Team Leader with energy and enthusiasm to join our Network Development team. Our network is undergoing rapid growth, this means we have many exciting and rewarding projects happening now and in the future.
We are reimagining our energy future, this means challenging the status quo, staying curious, thinking different and looking at problems in new ways. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
We aim to surprise, delight, and do everything above and beyond expectations. As the Design Team Leader, you’ll bring a passion for developing and coaching your team to success whilst creating a team culture to envy.
As the Team Leader you’ll:
- Ensure your team produces high quality, standards-based designs, and clear construction documentation,
- Provide direction and leadership to project resources including scheduling, assignment, and review of project work,
- Build a positive, productive team culture…with some fun along the way,
- Develop procedures, policies, and controls to assist in the achievement of profit objectives and the delivery of customer services,
- Specify and establish project parameters and priorities by developing project plans and time and cost estimates,
- Ensure effective and timely implementation of projects by tracking, monitoring, and communicating project progress.
To be successful in this role you’ll:
- Have more than 7 years’ experience in project management, asset management and/or electricity design,
- Hold a relevant technical or tertiary qualification in electrical engineering or similar,
- A formal qualification in Project Management is desirable,
- Show a calm, professional temperament, with ability to cope in pressured environments,
- Be a reliable and dependable leader who builds trust with your team quickly.
Joining us means you join a company with a long standing and well respected history within the communities we service, a friendly team environment and most importantly a company sees health, safety, and wellbeing as everything. We never underestimate the power of energy, and how we need to work with it to stay safe.
What we offer:
- Medical, life and income protection insurance,
- A range of new and top of the line fleet vehicles and equipment to work with,
- Relocation packages to assist with moving into the Counties area,
- A challenging work environment where everyone is encouraged and empowered to bring fresh ideas to the table,
- Flexible working conditions,
- A range of training and development opportunities with all expenses paid,
- Wellbeing subsidy for you to choose what wellbeing service or item matters to you,
- Engaging social events and a seriously great team culture.
Applications must include an up to date CV and cover letter. Applications close Thursday 2 September 2021.
As part of our recruitment process all candidates are required to undergo and pass a pre-employment medical check and drug test.
Please note that you may not receive notification of the outcome of your application until the vacancy has closed and we have completed the shortlisting process.
(No recruitment agencies please)
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 22-02-2022🌏 Picton, Marlborough
⏰ 22-02-2022🌏 Wellington - other, Wellington
⏰ 22-02-2022🌏 Franklin, Auckland
⏰ 22-02-2022🌏 Rangiora, Canterbury
💸 Negotiate⏰ 22-02-2022🌏 Ashburton, Canterbury
⏰ 22-02-2022🌏 East Tamaki, Auckland
⏰ 22-02-2022🌏 Otago, Alexandra, Cromwell
⏰ 22-02-2022🌏 Otago - other, Otago
⏰ 22-02-2022🌏 Hawkes Bay - other, Hawke’s Bay
💸 Negotiate⏰ 22-02-2022🌏 Palmerston North, Manawatu - Wanganui