Update day: 25-01-2022
Category: Mechanical / Technical
Job type: Full Time
- Work for an organisation that helps grow New Zealand for all
- Lead from the front and help MBIE realise its ambition to be a world-leading building system regulatory steward
- Strengthen relationships between industry and government
- Negotiable hours and location (Wellington, Auckland, Christchurch, or Dunedin) - You’re the expert, tell us how you will make it work
Why work for us?
Our aspiration is that MBIE is a great place to work where great work gets done.
We believe in harnessing the potential of our people and the diverse skills and life experiences they bring to MBIE.
The Building System Performance Branch (BSP) at MBIE is the Government’s lead advisor on the building regulatory system, and we want to be world-leading. This role offers the opportunity to join the team responsible for regulatory stewardship of the Building Code, with a focus on ensuring that the Code is fit for purpose. This is an opportunity to work in a role where you will influence and lead the building sector into the future. Join us and help transform New Zealand’s building regulatory system into a thing of international envy.
We offer a flexible working environment and you will be working with people who are committed to making a difference and have a passion for what they do. This team has staff located in Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington, so some travel is required.
About the role
The Engineering Manager is a regulatory leadership and management position in the Building Performance and Engineering (BSP) team. The Engineering Manager will bring their leadership understanding and perspective to work in partnership with other managers and team members, and will be responsible for building and enhancing the overall capability of the team to ensure quality and consistency of advice and practices in relation to the team’s work.
We are looking for someone who is passionate and future focused, with an engineering background and an understanding of regulatory frameworks. In this full time, permanent role you will:
- Build and strengthen relationships both within MBIE and the Sector
- Manage a team of technical experts
- Take the lead in staying on top of and understanding current engineering/compliance trends
- Help to inform Building System Performance’s strategic work programme
Skills and experience required
Naturally you need to be a highly experienced engineer, however to be successful in this role it is equally important that you are:
- Influential in the New Zealand and International building industry
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of regulatory frameworks and levers
- Experienced working collaboratively across organisations and industries
- Able to communicate and engage effectively with a wide variety of audiences
- Able to legally live and work in NZ
Our purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. To achieve this, we need a strong, high performing economy, where for example, people (workers, consumers and investors) are protected and aware of their rights and obligations; and the integrity of the environment is maintained.
As one of New Zealand’s largest government agencies, the work we do impacts the lives of all New Zealanders. We work to increase household incomes by helping businesses to be more productive and internationally competitive, increasing opportunities for all New Zealanders to participate in the economy through improved job opportunities, and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
This is all echoed in our Māori identity - Hikina Whakatutuki - which broadly means "lifting to make successful."
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Anna Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1543984if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 28 July 2021
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 New Plymouth, Taranaki
⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Whangarei, Northland
⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Cambridge, Waikato
⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Invercargill, Southland
⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Thames-Coromandel, Waikato
⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Taupo, Waikato
⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Franklin, Auckland
💸 Negotiate⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Queenstown-Lakes, Otago
⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Gisborne
💸 Negotiate⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Auckland City, Auckland