Category: Administrative / Clerical / Assistant
Job type: Full Time
MPI has a strength of common purpose and a passion to sustainably grow and to protect Aotearoa
- Provide high-level support to a Director within Te Uru Rākau - New Zealand Forest Service
- Join us at the forefront of the Governments renewed focus on forestry
- Enable effectiveness and efficiency in high-profile portfolios
About the Role │Kōrero mō te tūranga
In this permanent Rotorua based role as Executive Coordinator to one of the Directors within Te Uru Rākau - New Zealand Forest Service you will have the unique opportunity to have impact at an exciting stage in the development of the business.
In this vital role you will enable the effective use of the Directors time, maintaining the report back management, daily diary and paper flows by fostering relationships with key stakeholders and anticipating needs.
Core responsibilities of the role:
- Diary management - forward planning and managing scheduling of meetings to ensure that the Director meet their key priorities.
- Administrative support including managing and drafting correspondence, handling of phone calls and email, financials, staff related approval processes and report back management.
- Liaising with the offices of stakeholders and senior government officials to support professional organisational relationships.
- Meet and greet visitors and full event/logistics management for the Director’s office with linking to other Senior Management and teams.
- Collaborating with other EC’s in Te Uru Rākau - New Zealand Forest Service to help form an efficient support team for the business unit.
Mōu | About You
Your excellent interpersonal skills will be pivotal to building successful relationships across all levels and you will quickly acquire a reputation for acting with initiative.
Your ability to think on your feet will give confidence that you will successfully manage multiple priorities and deadlines. Your energetic, can-do attitude and ability to change gears in response to
the ebb and flow of work will ensure you always remain across the work of a busy business unit.
Key requirements for this role are:
- Experience providing 1:1 support at a senior level (supporting at tier 3 or above)
- Advanced diary management experience
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and the ability to work collaboratively
About MPI │Mō te Manatū Ahu Matua
The Ministry for Primary Industries is helping to seize export opportunities for our primary industries, improve sector productivity, ensure the food we produce is safe, increase sustainable resource use, and protect New Zealand from biological risk.
To find out more about MPI and what we do please click here.
About Te Uru Rākau - New Zealand Forest Service
Forestry is one of our country’s most successful primary industries. Te Uru Rākau - New Zealand Forest Service a business unit within the Ministry for Primary Industries, builds on this success to create a sustainable and innovative forestry sector that continues to grow and adapt. Join our dynamic and diverse Te Uru Rākau - New Zealand Forest Service team who all share the common goal of improving the social, environmental and economic outcomes for New Zealand.
To find out more about Te Uru Rākau - New Zealand Forest Service and what we do please click here.
Benefits of working at MPI│Ngā hua o te Mahi i te Manatū Ahu Matua
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Comprehensive one-week MPI Induction Programme
- Workstation assessment
- Free annual flu vaccination
- Bi-annual MPI-paid eye test and contribution to the costs of corrective lenses/frames
Salary range for this role is $ $57,425 to $ $67,559 depending on skills and experience.
See the benefits of working at MPI
If you thrive working within a fast paced and changing environment and you think you have what we are looking for, we would like to hear from you!
How to Apply│Me pēhea te tuku tono
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click "APPLY FOR THIS JOB" or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact Fiona O’Brien, Senior Recruitment Consultant on 894 3492 or Fiona.O’Brien@mpi.govt.nz
Applications close midnight Sunday 26 September 2021
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values inclusion and diversity. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to our communities in Aotearoa. In return you’ll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you’re growing your career here in NZ and internationally. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us when you apply so that we can assist you through the recruitment process.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 26-08-2022🌏 Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
⏰ 29-08-2022🌏 Bay of Plenty - other, Bay of Plenty
⏰ 02-09-2022🌏 Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
⏰ 20-09-2022🌏 Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
⏰ 21-08-2022🌏 Bay of Plenty - other, Bay of Plenty
⏰ 26-08-2022🌏 Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
⏰ 02-09-2022🌏 Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
💸 Negotiate⏰ 05-09-2022🌏 Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
💸 Negotiate⏰ 21-08-2022🌏 Tauranga, Bay of Plenty
⏰ 28-08-2022🌏 Bay of Plenty - other, Bay of Plenty