Update day: 05-01-2022
Category: Real Estate
Job type: Full Time
Do you have an administration background and the ability to pick up new systems quickly? Are you interested in the Property sector and want to gain some more experience in this area? If so, this could be the role for you!
Our busy Property team is seeking a proactive Property Administrator to support its business needs and assist with delivering efficient and effective services to the community. This team is responsible for maintaining all Council facilities including Oamaru’s Opera House, Airport, Libraries, Museum, Gallery, and Aquatic Centre. In addition, it oversees many local assets such as the Oamaru Harbour, Breakwater and community housing. As a result, this role will be exposed to a whole variety of work involving these assets and facilities.
Key elements of the role
As Property Administrator you’ll be based in our Oamaru office and responsible for the administration of the property leasing, record management and our asset management software systems. Your role will be a critical part of the Property unit as you assist with organising team documents and correspondence, as well as reviewing and developing its administrative processes. Managing financial systems and reporting will also be required, along with general office administration.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Be tech-savvy with experience in data entry, and confident using Microsoft Office (among other applications) to create and manage documents
- Possess excellent oral and written communication
- Have well-developed planning and organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks under pressure
- Build positive relationships within a team, including colleagues and external stakeholders
- Have a genuine interest in the property sector.
In return, you will receive:
- On-the-job training to provide insight into the systems and processes relevant to the role and the extended Property team
- Interesting and rewarding work which directly impacts and supports our community
- Exposure to a variety of exciting projects involving assets and Council facilities located throughout the district
- Opportunities to implement new administrative processes
- A fun and supportive work environment surrounded by a friendly and engaged team of colleagues.
To apply for the role, send through an up-to-date resume with referees, and a covering letter matching your skills and experience to the key elements of the role mentioned above.
Enquiries regarding the position can be made to Renee Julius, Property Manager by calling 03 433 0300.
Applications close midday on Monday 10 August 2021
Please note our recruitment process is going ahead during the COVID lockdown. If you are shortlisted for the role, interviews will be held online via Teams.
To apply for this job and to view the position description go to: waitakidistrictcouncil.recruitmenthub.co.nz/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5628830.
Click to apply for free candidate