Update day: 08-01-2022
Category: Transport / Logistics / Warehouse
Job type: Full Time
- Carterton location
- Full-time role
- Stable company, secure position
- Training opportunities available for the right person
Premier Beehive is the number one bacon and ham company in New Zealand and is part of Primo Smallgoods and the JBS Group (the largest meat processing company in the world). Based in Carterton, we have always prided ourselves on combining the talent of our skilled and dedicated team with the best available meat cuts, ingredients and processing technology.
Our Engineering Team is critical to our operations and to support this team, we are looking to recruit a person with strong skills in purchasing and stock control.
This is a practical hands-on role reporting to the Engineering Manager. We want to appoint a person who not only has strong purchasing experience, but who can build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. This includes Engineering Team members, the wider Premier Beehive team, and suppliers.
- In this role you will have day-to-day responsibility for managing engineering workshop stores, including:
- Ordering, tracking and recording inwards and outwards goods
- Supporting the Engineering Team to manage spare parts and stock per their requests for parts, etc.
- Purchasing/procurement of stock (parts and consumables) for the Engineering Team
- Reviewing inventory, provide restock requirements and identify potential supply problems, including min/max levels for consumables
- Monitoring orders and liaising with suppliers to ensure prompt delivery timeframes
- Maintaining accurate inventory and purchasing records, including SAP receipting
- Checking of invoices prior to approval for payment
- Supervision of the store person.
To be successful in this role, you will have demonstrated experience and skills as follows:
- Relevant experience in a manufacturing/engineering environment
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Well organised and able to multi-task
- Good working knowledge of computers including proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work well under deadlines and pressure to meet deadlines
- Approachable and enthusiastic
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to work on own initiative and as a team player
- Good judgment and problem solving ability and is capable of understanding the impact of decision making on the business
- Physically fit, including the ability to lift 20kg
- Full car driving licence
- Knowledge of SAP system (preferred)
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a person who can handle pressure, understands a dynamic work environment and enjoys working as part of a developing and productive team.
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter telling us how you meet the above requirements.
Applicants must be entitled to work permanently in New Zealand.
Applications close Friday 13 August 2021.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 14-02-2022🌏 Wellington Central, Wellington
⏰ 09-02-2022🌏 Kapiti Coast, Wellington
⏰ 10-02-2022🌏 Wellington - other, Wellington
⏰ 17-02-2022🌏 Masterton, Wellington
⏰ 18-02-2022🌏 Wellington - other, Wellington
⏰ 12-02-2022🌏 Kapiti Coast, Wellington
⏰ 10-02-2022🌏 Lower Hutt, Wellington
⏰ 20-02-2022🌏 Masterton, Wellington
⏰ 21-02-2022🌏 Lower Hutt, Wellington
⏰ 08-02-2022🌏 Wellington - other, Wellington