Job type: Contract/Temp
- Passionate about Quality Assurance? Then we need you!
- Provide timely and insightful analysis to influence decision making
- Provide expertise to improve quality and productivity whilst maintaining integrity
- Secondment or Fixed Term Opportunity - 12 months,Rotoruabased location
- Salary range is between $75k to $80k per annum
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Assessor to join the Service Quality Risk and Assurance team within the Managed Isolation and Quarantine (MIQ) Branch. Managed Isolation and Quarantine (MIQ) has been set up as critical part of our border measures to keep COVID-19 out of Aotearoa New Zealand.
Working in MIQ is fast paced and dynamic. What unites our people is our passion for keeping all New Zealanders safe during an unprecedented global pandemic.
The Quality Assurance Assessor supports the Senior Quality Assurance Advisor and regionally based Quality Assurance Team by assessing and providing assurance over the frameworks and processes within the Managed Isolation and Quarantine Facilities, enablement functions and wider MIQ system to highlight issues affecting the quality of those frameworks, processes and operational systems.
The Quality Assurance Assessor will bring their business understanding and perspective to work in partnership with the Snr Quality Assurance Advisor and team members across the regions. Where appropriate, the Assessor also escalates quality related issues from both internal and external stakeholders working with the wider Service Quality Risk and Assurance team, and the business, to implement effective responses to these issues.
The role is based at the Rotorua Regional Isolation Command Centre and involves liaison with Managed Isolation Facilities and enablement teams across MIQ in terms of finding ways to improve the overall quality of MIQ frameworks, processes and operational systems. Some regional travel will be required and option for flexible working arrangements.
What we are looking for;
- Strong knowledge of quality metrics and assurance processes, and an understanding of how they impact upon the delivery of services
- A self starter, able to work independently as part of a regionally based team
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information or areas of work
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships in a multi agency environment
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with managers and teams at all levels of the business
- Strong level of communication skills including the ability to write succinctly and think critically about an issue along with any implications across the wider system
- The ability to assess, collate and analyse information so that it is clear what the issue is, how it affects the delivery of services, what has happened previously, and identify what possible solutions or interventions could be deployed
- Experience in working at the front line of Managed Isolation and Quarantine Facilities is advantageous
- An understanding of MBIE and where the team fits in delivering outcomes for MIQ/the Ministry is also an advantage.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents.
About MIQ MIQ became a Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) business group on 13 July 2020. The purpose of managed isolation is to ensure COVID-19 is not spread to the community while enabling Kiwis and other exempted travellers to return to New Zealand safely. A key enabler of this work is collaboration across government.
Over 130,000 people have passed through MIQ since New Zealand stood up its response to COVID-19. We currently operate thirty managed isolation facilities across three regions.
A range of agencies including the Ministry of Health, All-of-Government, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet, Police, Customs, New Zealand Defence Force, Aviation Security Service and other business groups in MBIE are working together to deliver an enduring MIQ system.
About MBIE: MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE’s purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Our way of working is guided by our values which shape our behaviours.
- Mahi Tahi - Better Together
- Maia - Bold and brave
- Pae Kahurangi - Build our Future
- Pono Me Te Tika - Own It
How to apply: Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Enquiries are welcome to Monica Chow at email@example.com quoting MBIE/1541524 if you have further questions.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Sunday 4th July 2021.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 24-08-2022🌏 Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
⏰ 18-09-2022🌏 Whakatane, Bay of Plenty
⏰ 30-08-2022🌏 Opotiki, Bay of Plenty
⏰ 21-08-2022🌏 Whakatane, Bay of Plenty
⏰ 24-08-2022🌏 Rotorua, Bay of Plenty
⏰ 25-08-2022🌏 Opotiki, Bay of Plenty
⏰ 22-08-2022🌏 Whakatane, Bay of Plenty