Position: Not Applicable
Job type: Full-time
Job contentAs the Security Sales Specialist, you are considered a subject matter expert with deep technical expertise within our enterprise sales organisation. You will be expected to exceed sales quota by creating and implementing strategic account plans targeting enterprise-wide deployments of Microsoft security services. You develop trusted relationships at an executive level and build credibility across all levels of the customer’s organisation through a concrete understanding of our products and areas that can be resolved by our solutions across the Microsoft security portfolio.
You feel empowered by our product offerings - and love a technical challenge.
- Acquire, lead, and develop security opportunities (remote work, security, compliance, cloud security and cloud endpoints) in your assigned territory
- Strong account management skills to identify cross-selling and up-selling opportunities within your accounts
- Own opportunities from qualification to close by orchestrating a virtual team of sales, technical, services, and partner resources across an extensive portfolio of products and services.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cybersecurity industry, products, and competitor offerings
- Develop relationships with customer, CxO level Business and Technical Decision Makers
- Ability to effectively present to a wide range and size of audiences from IT, security administrators, to CxO (with primary focus on the Chief Information Security Officer), and decision makers
- Fundamental understanding of security threats, solutions, security tools, and network technologies - including security solutions across Modern Work and Azure.
- Communicate value propositions to clients and stakeholders that speak to their needs and requirements
- Understand local security and compliance requirements across industries, such as Government, Financial Services, Retail, etc
- Stay updated on industry news and trends, and how they affect Microsoft products and services
- Have a passion to ‘empower Aotearoa’, working to Microsoft’s values and pillars to grow the security skills in New Zealand.
- Travel as necessary within your territory, and to company-wide meetings
- 4+ years’ recognised and rewarded experience selling enterprise security business solutions to large enterprise and public sector customers.
- Proven record of effective account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder, and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large licensing, and deal negotiation.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise selling to senior business leaders, especially CISO, by aligning & reinforcing the value of cybersecurity solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Experience with cloud security technology (including zero trust, intrusion monitoring, threat detection and prevention systems, firewalls, and DDOS prevention solutions), data protection technology (including encryption, key management, data loss prevention), and identity and access management systems (including directories, access servers, authorization services, identity provisioning and governance systems)
- Strong knowledge of enterprise software security solutions and platform competitor landscape. Including specific knowledge in key security domains across the entire customer environment, like Identity and Access Management, Threat Protection, Information Protection.
- Strong understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs.
- Ability to orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence, and integration skills, working with the Account Teams as well as Marketing teams to drive demand generation.
- Candidates must have field-based knowledge of competing and winning against solutions and technologies from competitors.
- The candidate must be confident and capable of delivering readiness to sales audiences and be able to represent the Cybersecurity solution sales business locally inside and outside of Microsoft, as well as be able to speak as a subject matter expert (SME) at industry or customer events.
- The candidates must have the ability to work with local regulators and policy owners to provide feedback on how they can be secure in a cloud-first world, working with the National Technology Office (NTO) and other V-team members to provide feedback into Microsoft security products and services.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, relevant industry security certifications required (e.g. CEH, CISSP, CCSP)
- Overall Security opportunity deal governance working with the customer’s CISO/Security team and the Microsoft local Account and Specialist Teams.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 Negotiate⏰ 26-08-2022🌏 Wellington Central, Wellington
💸 Negotiate⏰ 05-09-2022🌏 Wellington Central, Wellington
💸 $45,000 - $59,999⏰ 24-08-2022🌏 Porirua, Wellington
⏰ 18-08-2022🌏 Kapiti Coast, Wellington
💸 Negotiate⏰ 28-08-2022🌏 Wellington Central, Wellington
💸 Negotiate⏰ 01-09-2022🌏 Lower Hutt, Wellington
💸 Negotiate⏰ 18-08-2022🌏 Wellington Central, Wellington
💸 Negotiate⏰ 04-09-2022🌏 Wellington Central, Wellington
⏰ 02-09-2022🌏 Lower Hutt, Wellington
⏰ 25-08-2022🌏 Porirua, Wellington