Position: Mid-Senior level
Job type: Full-time
- Rewarding management position within the Health & Disability sector
- Lead people’s rehabilitation journey to help change their lives for the better
- Based in our Porirua office, frequent travel within the City of Porirua and Kapiti Coast areas
Our IDEA Services RIDSAS Wellington team are seeking two Service Manager’s to work in partnership with the clinical team to deliver appropriate rehabilitation services, including clinical support, vocational opportunities, and life skills programmes. Our services focus on people with high and complex needs who may have had contact with the justice system.
With experience or a genuine interest in forensics, mental health, or complex behaviours, you will be managing and building a successful team, including the rostering of staff, budget management, prioritising effectively, and resilience to work within a frequently changing environment. Supported by the Area Manager and the wider organisation, you will be provided with professional development opportunities to grow your knowledge and career within a fulfilling and rewarding environment.
Due to the nature of our services being 24/7, you will need to have flexible availability over an 80-hour fortnight. We will offer you a commencement salary of $69,659 - $73,069, a work vehicle that can be taken home and used for personal use, and an on-call allowance.
You will bring:
- Tertiary qualification within a Health discipline would be advantageous
- Experience leading and managing high performing teams
- Technically savvy, with excellent communication skills
- Collaborative operating style and a positive and engaged mind-set
- Sound problem-solving skills with the confidence to make decisions
- Drive to bring forward ideas and suggestions around best practice initiatives
We offer you:
- A rewarding opportunity to work for a meaningful cause with an established not-for-profit organisation, providing support services to people with intellectual disabilities.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities, including a Leadership qualification (Level 5), paying the cost of fees.
- Attractive commencement salary and a work vehicle, available for personal use.
- Employee benefits include health insurance after two years of service, plus discounts with fitness centres and a leading.
- A collaborative and inclusive culture with a focus on our people’s wellbeing.
- Energetic and dedicated IDEA Services RIDSAS Wellington team with approachable and supportive management.
About IDEA Services – RIDSAS
IDEA Services supports adults of all ages with intellectual disabilities to live in their own homes and enjoy life as part of their communities. We are New Zealand’s largest provider of services to people with intellectual disabilities and their families. Our services are founded on IHC’s utter commitment for people with intellectual disabilities to have a good life and be valued contributors to and members of their community.
The Ministry of Health contracts IDEA Services Regional Intellectual Disability Supported Accommodation Service (RIDSAS). We provide a 24/7 supervised rehabilitation service that offers clinical support, vocational opportunities and life skills programmes for people with high and complex needs, who may have had contact with the justice system, and referred under the Intellectual Disability Compulsory Care & Rehabilitation Act (IDCC&R) (for more information regarding this framework, please click HERE).
IDEA Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the IHC Group is made up of our charitable programmes and three wholly-owned subsidiaries, committed to supporting people with intellectual disabilities to lead satisfying lives in the community and providing housing and tenancy services to people in need.
Please submit an online application by selecting the ’Apply’ link below. As part of the selection process, please provide a cover letter demonstrating your motivation to apply for this position and outline your previous management experience.
The IHC Group is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome diversity and the different perspectives such diversity brings to our work. Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
You must be able to provide proof of your full vaccination (two doses received) against COVID-19, or proof of having received at least one dose and of having made arrangements for a second dose to be received before 1 January 2022, as mandated by the government. If you have a valid exemption from vaccination, we will consider that against the role’s requirements and our operational environment.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $76,860 - $117,300⏰ 20-08-2022🌏 Upper Hutt, Wellington
💸 Negotiate⏰ 28-08-2022🌏 Carterton, Wellington
⏰ 31-08-2022🌏 Wellington - other, Wellington
💸 Negotiate⏰ 29-08-2022🌏 Wellington Central, Wellington
💸 Negotiate⏰ 04-09-2022🌏 Upper Hutt, Wellington
💸 Negotiate⏰ 28-08-2022🌏 Wellington Central, Wellington
⏰ 26-08-2022🌏 Porirua, Wellington
💸 $25 - $29.99 per hour⏰ 20-08-2022🌏 Kapiti Coast, Wellington
💸 Negotiate⏰ 01-09-2022🌏 Carterton, Wellington
⏰ 22-08-2022🌏 Porirua, Wellington