Update day: 02-01-2022
Category: Social Work / Community Services
Job type: Full Time
- Permanent Full Time, 80hrs per fortnight + On-Call on a rotational basis
- Leadership opportunity | Flexible working hours
As a Service Manager General based within the Porirua and Kapiti areas, you can lead and guide a team of experienced Support Workers who provide support needs to people in our community living with an intellectual disability. You will build strong relationships with our service users and their family members to identify their needs and wants and determine how these can be achieved.
Reporting to the Area Manager, you will be working alongside other Service Managers within the team who are dedicated to the continuation of a supportive and collaborative work environment. You will be encouraged to be out from behind the desk and visiting services to be present with your team and the people we support. IDEA Services Horowhenua/Kapiti/Mana branch is located in Paraparaumu; however, the opportunity to work from the Porirua office is available.
You will have previous management experience and a genuine desire to make a difference in people’s lives. This is a busy role and requires someone who has a can-do attitude and hands-on approach with the resilience to work positively within a changing environment.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience managing caseloads or portfolios and the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You will be provided with professional development opportunities and rewarded by making a positive difference in the lives of the people we are supporting.
You will bring:
- People management experience and the ability to build and maintain a successful team
- Demonstrated experience managing caseloads and portfolios
- Health and disability experience desirable, but not essential
- Experience in mentoring and coaching others would be beneficial
- Ability to work within a high-pressured and changing environment while delivering required outcomes
- Flexibility to take part in an On-Call roster
We offer you:
- A rewarding opportunity to work for a meaningful cause with an established not-for-profit organisation that provides support services to people with intellectual disabilities
- Commencement Salary of $68,969 - $72,346pa + vehicle available for personal use
- Flexible locations to work - we encourage you to be out from behind the desk and being among your team at services
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities, including a Leadership Qualification that we will support you through and meet the cost of fees
- A collaborative and inclusive culture with a focus on our people’s wellbeing
- Energetic and dedicated team with approachable and supportive colleagues
About IDEA Services
IDEA Services supports adults of all ages with intellectual disabilities to live in their own homes and enjoy life as part of their communities. We are New Zealand’s largest provider of services to people with intellectual disabilities and their families.
Our services are founded on IHC’s utter commitment for people with intellectual disabilities to have a good life and to be valued contributors to and members of their community.
IDEA Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the IHC Group is made up of our charitable programmes and three wholly-owned subsidiaries, committed to supporting people with intellectual disabilities to lead satisfying lives in the community and to providing housing and tenancy services to people in need.
Please submit an online application via the IHC Careers website by selecting the ’Apply’ button. As part of the selection process, please provide a Cover Letter that clearly outlines your suitability for this position.
The IHC Group is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity and the different perspectives such diversity brings to our work. Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 09-02-2022🌏 Porirua, Wellington
⏰ 18-02-2022🌏 Kapiti Coast, Wellington
⏰ 18-02-2022🌏 Kapiti Coast, Wellington
⏰ 10-02-2022🌏 Upper Hutt, Wellington
💸 $65,379⏰ 12-02-2022🌏 Porirua, Wellington
⏰ 08-02-2022🌏 Upper Hutt, Wellington