Category: Civil / Construction
Job type: Full Time
We have a great opportunity for someone to join our team in the role of Traffic Management Supervisor and STMS. The key objective of this role is to programme the traffic management works across the Central Otago region for the department, including resource allocations (both crew and plant/equipment) and communication with all involved parties (namely clients and staff). Additional parts of the role include on-site supervision and training of crew members as required and occasional STMS work.
The role requires a thorough knowledge of traffic management, computer literacy and excellent communication skills. The role would offer the successful candidate experience in coordinating, communicating and supervising the temporary traffic management requirements across our construction, maintenance, project and surfacing departments throughout the region.
As a Traffic Management Supervisor and STMS, you will be responsible for the following:
- Understand and practice correct sign selection, placement, safe operating procedures and work site protection for Level 1 and 2 roads.
- Liaise with clients (both internal and external), the Department Manager and TMP designer, and the staff regarding upcoming jobs.
- Ensure the required permissions (e.g. Traffic Management Plan) have been organised and are included in each job pack.
- Assign all resources for upcoming jobs - this includes staff, vehicles, equipment, approvals and paperwork.
- Prepare all job packs and provide these to all staff, ensuring they contain all the detail and paperwork required.
- Auditing and visiting Fulton Hogan sites to maintain a consistent standard across all sites. Ensure the site is always safe for the public and staff.
- Carry out on-the-job training and coaching for staff as required.
- Completing STMS work (likely minor) as required.
To be successful in this role, we are seeking candidates with the below attributes:
- STMS level qualification and experience
- Full driver’s license class 1 is essential, class 2 is preferred
- Sound understanding and working knowledge of COPTTM
- Have a reasonable level of computer literacy with experience using Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills
- Be a team player whilst having the capability to work unsupervised
Fulton Hogan Philosophy
We build and maintain critical infrastructure that connects and enhances communities across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific. Everything from roads and bridges, to airports and utilities. We’re committed to ensuring the Good Work we do will make a positive difference to the quality of life for our people, our customers and the communities we all call home. Our continued success relies on generating new and diverse ideas, which is why our ’Good Work’ culture encourages ownership and empowerment, while never forgetting the importance of balancing life’s priorities.
Sound like you?
If this sounds like you and you would like to help build on our Good Work culture, then we would like to hear from you.
All successful candidates must under-go and pass a pre-employment medical and drug screen prior to employment.
Click to apply for free candidate
💸 $100,000 - $120,000⏰ 02-09-2022🌏 Oamaru, Otago
⏰ 28-08-2022🌏 Cromwell, Otago
⏰ 26-08-2022🌏 Cromwell, Otago