Update day: 09-01-2022
Category: High Technology
Industry: Civil Engineering
Position: Entry level
Job type: Full-time
Job contentApply Now angle-right Job no: 580264
Work type: Full Time - Permanent
Categories: Trades, Maintenance, Construction, Civil Engineering
Downer has been designing, building and sustaining New Zealand’s infrastructure for over a century and is a leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
With over 12,000 employees in New Zealand, we work alongside some of New Zealand’s biggest businesses, councils and government agencies.
Set your place in Downer’s concrete space! This is an excellent opportunity for you to join an industry leader with growth on the horizon. Apply today!
The Downer Whanganui Transport Services division is proud to be supporting our clients in delivering a range of projects to transform our streets by maintaining and extending roads and shared pathways throughout the city’s network. We are seeking a Concrete Worker to help us deliver on our existing and upcoming contracts.
About The Job
You will carry out concrete construction and repairs within the maintenance and civils department on a day to day basis as part of a dedicated crew. You will be responsible for:
- Helping with safe site setup for your crew and the general public
- Assisting with installation of framework and prep work prior to concrete pour
- Pouring and finishing concrete placement, stripping and reinstatement
- Working as part of a cohesive team to deliver to projects
- Optimising the use of company resources and contributing to the successful completion of contracts
- Ensuring efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment
in the civil contracting industry and a great eye for finishing concrete will serve you well in this role. You will hold your work to high standards and be familiar with concrete and form work as well as working with exposed concrete. You will be a team player with an organized, systematic and good-humored approach. We’d value your confidence to communicate well with your crew and add value with your expertise in the field. Flexibility with regards to your availability and work location is also beneficial.
This is a stable position, with a reliable employer who will support you to develop your skills and your career. We can also offer you:
- Coverage under the AWUNZ Lower North Island Collective Agreement giving you access to overtime rates and allowances.
- A Full time, permanent contract (40 hours per week guaranteed) get this – we’ll pay you even if we’re rained out!
- A competitive pay rate with uniform and all PPE gear supplied
- Access to a range of corporate discounts and benefits including offers of subsidised insurance, gym memberships, retail discounts and free counselling services etc.
- A supportive team environment where you’re trusted and given the tools to deliver and excel in your chosen field.
If you are looking for your next career move, register your interest online at www.downercareers.co.nz using reference number 580264. Alternately feel free to drop in your CV to your nearest Downer depot today!
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don’t delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.
Advertised: 06 May 2021 New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: 07 Jun 2021 New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply Now angle-right
Refer a friend
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 New Plymouth, Taranaki
⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Whangarei, Northland
⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Cambridge, Waikato
⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Invercargill, Southland
⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Thames-Coromandel, Waikato
⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Taupo, Waikato
⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Franklin, Auckland
💸 Negotiate⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Queenstown-Lakes, Otago
⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Gisborne
💸 Negotiate⏰ 26-02-2022🌏 Auckland City, Auckland